On December 9, 2014, a reception was held on the 23rd Street Touro campus to celebrate the 2013 publications of the faculty of the Touro College and University System, including New York Medical College. It was a lovely event and New York Medical College author names were on display on the looping presentation in the hall. As of this 2013 publication, all New York Medical College publications are folded into a single publication and database and now compiled by calendar year. Access to the full 2013 publication in PDF format and to the Touro Faculty Publications database can be obtained via http://guides.library.nymc.edu/facultybib/. Additionally the library has hard copies of the publication; authors are welcome to stop by the library and pick up a copy from Judy Gitlin or at the Access Services Desk. If you would like to have a copy mailed to you please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your complete mailing address.
NYMC Faculty Author Event. There have been several inquiries about the future of the annual Faculty Author Celebration at the Health Sciences Library which usually occurs in January. Due to the shift in publication schedule our next celebratory event will be planned for sometime during Summer instead. Stay tuned for details.
2014 Submission. We are now accepting submissions for the 2014 Faculty Publications book. We are now following the new inclusion criteria established by Touro. For more details: http://www.tourolib.org/sites/default/files/criteria_updated_2014_3.pdf. Our inclusion criteria for publications are as follows:
- At least one of the authors’ names must be on the official deans’ faculty lists during 2014;
- Articles (published in scholarly/peer-reviewed journals), books (authored or edited), book chapters, abstracts, published conference proceedings, or patents;
- New York Medical College cited as an affiliation; and
- Items must be published January through December 2014.
Online submission is available at http://guides.library.nymc.edu/facultybib. Please click on the pink bar marked: Submit Your 2014 Publication Data and fill out the form so we can be sure your publications are included.
To assure accurate citations, please provide:
- For books and book chapters: a copy of front and back of the title page and a copy of the complete chapter;
- For journal articles: a copy of the complete article;
- For electronic resources: a complete citation with an accurate Web link.
Please send your articles and/or citation information by PDF, Word file, mail, or other attachments.
Please send this information directly to Judy Gitlin (email@example.com) to be included in the 2014 edition. If you have questions, please call Judy at 914-594-4205.