Great news! If you have been using the EndNote 20 Desktop program from the library, you can update to the latest edition – EndNote 21!
If you haven’t yet downloaded EndNote Desktop, now is a great time to get started using this helpful research tool. To download EndNote Desktop for the first time, visit our EndNote guide.
To upgrade your existing EndNote 20 program to EndNote 21:
- Make sure all Microsoft Office applications are closed before you begin.
- Download the correct new file from the library EndNote Guide for your computer type.
- Open the installer.
- Click on the EN button.
- A new window will open. Select the Install button.
- Follow the installation steps until you get to the Done button. You may be asked to enter the password for your computer.
- Note: if you are attempting to install this on a work computer of which you are not an administrator, you will need to contact your IT department for assistance installing the program.
- EndNote 21 should open once the installation is complete, and your library from EndNote 20 should automatically be available.
As always, if you have any issues with installing, using, or updating EndNote Desktop, please Ask-a-Librarian!