Do you ever need a space to get some writing done away from your office? Need a Mac computer? Have some images you need to PhotoShop and need access to the software? Want to create tutorials? The Novitch Computer Lab in the library is the place for you. This lab was designed to help produce and share digital media. The lab contains:
- 8 PCs with Windows7 64-bit, 8 GB RAM with Office 2010 and Adobe CS5.5 suite.
- Mac Pro with Mac Office2010 and Adobe CS5.5.
- Moveable tables for classroom teaching.
- 60” wall mounted LCD monitor linked to designated teaching computer.
- Satellite downlinks for videoconferencing.
- Trax boards for writing display and easel pad worksheets.
- Security Camera.
Key software Installed:
The Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Web Premium used for rich Web-page design, animation, and graphics. Key feature of Adobe CS5.5 are:
- Photoshop Extended (to enhance to and reconstruct images)
- Illustrator (to design graphics from the scratch)
- Flash Professional (for animations, video and audio integration)
- Dreamweaver (for web page design)
- Fireworks (for designing and editing bitmap and vector images)
- Acrobat 10 Pro (to produce PDF documents)
- Adobe Device Central (for tweaking applications to work on several mobile devices)
- LiveCycle Designer (to produce PDF forms)
- Soundbooth (to edit and reconstruct audio files)
Additionally Adobe Captivate 7.0 is installed on select computers. This software is used to create online tutorials, great for mobile learning.
Microsoft Office 2010, the popular office suite is also in the Novitch Lab, with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Access.
The Novitch Lab (AKA Classroom 108) can be used for individual study or booked for groups. Priority is given to group instruction or meetings requiring the use of computer and monitor. You can book the room here. Those wishing to study are advised to check the listing outside the door for scheduled events taking place in the room.