From July 1, 2010 until December 31, 2010 the Health Sciences Library is piloting some new services to make our document delivery and ILL services more convenient to all of our users, wherever you are. During this period all articles and chapters requested from Health Sciences Library — whether we own them or not — will be delivered to your desktop at one low $3.00 price. Additionally, we are testing a book delivery service whereas we will deliver books by mail for a flat fee of $3.00 per item plus return postage if applicable.
Here are the specifics:
A. DOCUMENT DELIVERY services include ordering and receiving photocopies of articles and/or book chapters. During this six month period:
- All document delivery fulfillment — for items owned by HSL (particular print items) or interlibrary loans — will be only $3.00 (in 30 pages increments).
- All documents will be delivered electronically as PDF files via e-mail (unless otherwise specified).
- Web based delivery without email attachments is forthcoming.
B. BOOK DELIVERY includes the ordering, sending and returning of books.
- All book delivery if specified by requestor will be by mail. There is flat fee of $3.00 for this service. In addition, you as requestor are responsible for sending the book back by the due date specified in person or using certified insured mail (the cost of return mailing is assumed by the requestor).
- Please note, you as a requestor are responsible for any overdue fees as well as the cost of replacement of the book if lost (the user is responsible for the book from the time the book was checked out until it is checked back in to the library). In addition, books not returned on time or in normal condition may jeopardize the sending of additional books.
Please submit all your requests via ILLiad and prepay by credit card, grant number, or departmental account (no exceptions).
Please make sure we have your current e-mail and mailing addresses in your ILLiad account.
If you need help setting up or editing your ILLiad account, call us at (914) 594 4201.
We hope you find these enhancements make document delivery more convenient and attractive to you and that you take advantage of this service. And as always, either comment below or send comments to Marta Ambroziak, Supervisor of Access Services.