Good News! Now that the Library has unlimited access to the NYTimes online, here are all the features that are available to students, staff, and faculty. Enjoy and take advantage of some or all of these exciting apps and services:
- Online archive (dating back to 1851)
- Interactive media (graphics, charts, maps, polls, custom content, NYT Sonic Journey)
- Video library (spanning all sections)
- NYT app for mobile devices
- NYT Cooking app
- NYT Virtual Reality app – which allows you (with a VR viewer) to experience some NYT content in 3D
- Augmented Reality content (requires an iPhone 6S or higher)
- Daily 360 content – two dimensional videos that provide 360° views (with mobile device or mouse)
- NYT “Watching” – TV and movie recommendations (with personalization option)
- Podcasts (including our popular “Daily” podcast, “Caliphate,” and “Dear Sugars,” among others)
- Newsletters (there are a variety of topics that you may subscribe to)
- Article history and Save options (across platforms)
- Article comment permissions
- NYT in Education website (includes 16 discipline-specific areas of study, discussion prompts, learning outcomes, Instructional Strategies, and Co-Curricular Activities).
- NOTE: You must register separately with your @ .edu email.
First time user: please see previous post for NYTimes online access instructions.