JAMAevidence® from the JAMA® Network and McGraw-Hill Education is an online resource devoted exclusively to learning, teaching, and applying evidence-based medicine. The platform helps decision makers identify the best available evidence by providing guides to the systematic consideration of the validity, importance, and applicability of claims about the assessment of health problems and the outcomes of health care.
• Users’ Guides to the Medical Literature: A Manual for Evidence-Based Clinical Practice (3rd ed)
• The Rational Clinical Examination: Evidence-Based Clinical Diagnosis
• Care at the Close of Life: Evidence and Experience
• Education guides to evidence-based medicine
• Custom EBM curriculum guides for educators
Access: http://jamaevidence.mhmedical.com/. Some features require a MyAccess account. Users who do not already have a MyAccess account (via Access Medicine or USMLE Easy), will need to create one. Click the dropdown menu in the upper right-hand corner where it says New York Medical College and click on Sign-In or Create a Free MyAccess Profile and then choose Don’t Have a MyAccess Account?
If you have any problems or questions, feel free to contact Melissa Spangenberg in the library at Melissa_spangenberg@nymc.edu or 914-594-4203.